Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I am trying to replace the uconnect radio module in my 2012

Customer Question
Hello Brad. I am...
Hello Brad. I am trying to replace the uconnect radio module in my 2012 dodge journey se. I have the 4.3 system and it has been stuck on a screen with a black dodge charger on it. At times, when I turn the truck off, the screen display stays on throughout the night draining my battery. I have been told by 2 different dodge employees the radio is probably my problem. Any suggestions or opinions are greatly appreciated. Also, do you have instructions on how to replace the radio? Thanks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
6/9/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The radio can act up internally causing this issue here needing either removed and repaired or replaced or in some cases a dealer can check and update software in it to see if this corrects the fault here.This can be a common issue unfortunately needing corrected.You might see if a dealer can help warranty this issue being that this is a 2012 model as they may be able to "goodwill" warranty the fault here and repair it at a split or lesser cost with you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician