Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I am working on a 2004 dodge Durango 2wd 5.7. It had to limp

Customer Question
to my house. Customer complained...
I am working on a 2004 dodge Durango 2wd 5.7. It had to limp to my house. Customer complained of a no throttle issue. She was able to drive it here via idle. When it got here, I ran the codes:P0129 P2127 P0652 P0405 P0340 P0344 P0016 P0932 P0016 with ETC light on. Started it up to test drive and definitely no throttle. Read on line that someone fixed his issue by replacing his battery. I checked the batt treminals and they were corroded. Cleaned them well but then it would not start at all. Check for spark. None. Replaced CMP sensor. No Go. Replaced CKP Sensor and after several seconds of cranking, it started with just the idle. Then died and went back to a no spark condition. Don't own a scanner. Just a fancy code reader. Chkd for voltage at CMP CKP TPS at foot feed and at TB. All had 4.9 to 5 volts. Don't have a wiring diagram, just chkd all wires to see if the 5V existed. What next?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
6/5/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Amedee, Dodge Technician replied 1 year ago
Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results/information as possible as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started.

The next step is to check the signals from the cam and crank sensor while cranking the engine over. Just because the sensors are new does not mean the sensors are sending the correct signals back to the computer. For example, there could be a wiring issue between the sensors and computer or the cam and crank signals coul be out of sync because of a base engine mechanical issue.

Another thing you can do is clear the codes and see which code comes back first with the key on and or when cranking. Then you have a direction to go in

Amedee
Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician