Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I have a dodge 2500 2013 DEF tack full but service DEF

Customer Question
Hello. I have a dodge...
Hello. I have a dodge 2500 2013 DEF tack full but service DEF service or 200 miles not running more than 5MPH
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Pearl. We are driving from TX to AZ. And the service message appear
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if is a code or a way to reset
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Key on on no start the vehicle and presss twice the break pedal and depress 2 times accelerator
JA: Have you seen this code before? Have you tried a hard reset?
Customer: I disconnect the two batteries
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: But nothing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I already pay 28. Can I have an answer please
6/4/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 1 year ago
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you. First of all sorry about the wait. If you have a full tank of DEF, then the problem may be the DEF pump, lines or the dosing injector. Are you within 200 miles of a Ram dealer?

Chris

Also, how many miles are on the truck?

Hmmm, I guess you are off line at the moment. I need to step away for about 45 minutes but will check back with you when I return. In the meantime, Your ONLY option is to get the truck to a dealer as soon as you can. There they will connect their WiTech scan tool and trouble shoot what the problem is with your truck and clear out the DEF warning. If you cannot, and the DEF mileage counts down to zero, then keep driving but DO NOT shut off the truck. IT will not restart if you do. The truck will not shut down if you keep driving, it just will not restart. So Maybe get to your destination and then to a dealer. Then you can shut it off. Note that the repair may be covered under the emission system warranty.

I hope this helps, and I will check back with you in about 45 minute.

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Chris. I really don't pay 28 to get an advice to go to the dealer. How can I reset the code or message. Truck is stating no problem. Just need the advice in how to reset the message
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tell me how to do a master reset

I understand, but there is absolutely no way to do a reset without the proper scan tool. Doing a battery disconnect will do nothing. You have to use the WiTech scan tool. I am a Cummins technician and shop foreman at a Ram dealer. Trust me on this. If there was another way to do that I would tell you. I know that you don't want to hear this, but I can't lie and have to be up front and honest with you.

Chris

Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman