Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Drives fine but after aboutyesterday the O/D switched off

Customer Question
Drives fine but after about*****yesterday...
Drives fine but after about*****yesterday the O/D switched off and soon after the teams temp light came on.
JA: How old is your battery? When was the last tune up?
Customer: No affect on how it was driving or shifting. That seemed normal
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Don't know what else to say.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet. I was a couple of blocks from home when it happened so it's been parked. Like I wrote before, O/D switched off and temp light came on with no affect on performance
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: Transmission was replaced 3 years ago so apps 30k miles on it. Recently replaced the computer module two months ago and has been running fine. I also have replaced alternator and battery
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
6/4/2016
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Overdrive was locked out to try and bring transmission temperature down. The temperature light came on because temperature continued to increase. The problem could be an internal trans issue, usually the torque converter clutch slipping, or it may be inadequate trans cooler flow.

Were you towing or hauling when the problem happened?

What year and model is the vehicle and hat engine do you have?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08