rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 2003 dodge ram 15004.7 engine i keep getting code

Customer Question

i have a 2003 dodge ram 1500*****4.7 engine i keep getting code p0335
Category: Dodge
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach
automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

It's either a bad CRANK sensor, wiring, computer, flash update or reluctor wheel, that's all the things that can cause that code.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i replaced the crankcase sensor with a oem and i replace the computer i check all 3 wires and they ok i use a lobscop to check the crankshaft signal and it seems to be working fine there is a steady signal at the sensor but for some reason the computer is not reading the crankshaft
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Check it with a scope, it's the only accurate way. See attachment.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on. The type of car does not matter either,they all look the same.