Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Intermittent on take off and jumping and stalls out and hard

Customer Question

Intermittent on take off and jumping and stalls out and hard to start
JA: Whether it's at the end of the driveway or on the highway, a car stalling can be dangerous. The good news is the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all kinds of engine issues. How old is the battery? Does the car stall out mainly when going up or down hills?
Customer: Battery is new. It appears to be a fuel problem
JA: Got it. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: First noticed when truck hopped profusely. Now it won't shift into 3rd gear. 60mph at 3000 RPMs
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No, just don't want to get ripped off by a transmission place when it could be a fuel issue
JA: OK! The Dodge Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: No,thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!