Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

My 2003 sprinter made 100 mile trip on day ,next day made it

Customer Question
a mile to coffee died...
my 2003 sprinter made 100 mile trip on day ,next day made it a mile to coffee died .9 miles home
left it sit the winter bled all the air out from changing filter started it ran two sat then died starts runs a few min then dies put new lift pump on still dies tue it started and ran saw air in the line that tees off the line to the high press pump took the end off under intake man fuel came out going to output flow press pump could it be the selendoid at the end of the fuel rail i
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
5/27/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 1 year ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Did you replace the fuel filter because of this concern or did the air bubbles start after replacement of the fuel filter?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is no visible air when the engine is running except for the one bubble in the line the tees off the low pressure pump line going to the high-pressure pump and that wine dead ends under the manifold
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's a large one couple inches long there is fuel in that line when I took that wine off the sending unit on the bottom of the manifold feel came out which would be the opposite way I thought it would be flowing

If there is only a single bubble, there is no concern for areating of the fuel.

You asked about the possibility of the Fuel Pressure Solenoid (unit in rear of fuel rail). It is definitely possible that it has failed and is causing your issue. A vehicle scan for codes would definitely help to condemn the FPS. If you can have it scanned and post any codes retrieved here, I will do my best to steer you in the right direction to get this solved...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't think this is gonna work out

The best thing to do at this point is to scan for the "Diagnostic Trouble Codes" (DTC's) from the onboard computers. The DTC's are used as the Starting Point for diagnosis. They let you know which system(s) the fault is in. This information is of great value for correct diagnosis. As a Technician, my first course of action is normally to scan for the DTC's. If you can obtain these codes, we can more accurately and efficiently diagnose the problem. You can have these Codes read for FREE at your local auto part store (AutoZone, O'Reileys, Advanced, etc.). If you post these Diagnostic Trouble Codes here, I can obtain the most accurate information to help you diagnose the Concern, and then point you towards the correct repair.

If you would rather have a refund on this, please post a reply and let me know. I'll be happy to submit a refund request with customer service on your behalf...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Let's do the refund if I hard scan tool I be done

Refund request is sent...

Remember, if you need help in the future, you can always request me through My Profile Page (Bookmark this link). Begin your question with “Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!

Robert

Robert R
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master