Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I need to know the meaning of the code p1490 thanks the car

Customer Question
I need to know the...
I need to know the meaning of the code p1490 thanks
the car is not star, I have oil presure, new fuel pump,new spark, plugs, new sencers new battery,all fuses are good,but the car dont star
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
5/19/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 year ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
HI,2.7 or 3.2 L engine?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
3.2
NAME OF CODE Low Speed Fan Control Relay Circuit WHEN MONITORED With the ignition key on and battery voltage greater than 10 volts. SET CONDITION An open or shorted condition is detected in the low speed radiator fan relay control circuit. THEORY OF OPERATION The low speed radiator fan relay controls the low speed operation of the radiator fan. When the vehicle is equipped with a power distribution center (PDC), the low speed radiator fan relay is inside the PDC. One side of the relay control coil is supplied with 12 volts when the ignition switch is in the "run" position. The circuit is completed when the other side of the relay coil is grounded by the powertrain control module (PCM). The PCM will actuate the relay whenever the A/C clutch is engaged regardless of coolant temperature and vehicle speed. If the A/C clutch is not engaged, the PCM will actuate the relay when the coolant temperature reaches approximately 207°F and turn off the relay when the coolant temperature drops to approximately 201°F. The relay is also turned off when the vehicle speed is above 62 MPH and A/C clutch is disengaged. POSSIBLE CAUSES - Relay coil open or shorted - Fused ignition switch output circuit open - Low speed radiator fan relay control circuit open or shorted - Inoperative circuit driver in powertrain control module
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The Carr does not run, steel have the problem does not stared,
HI,Do you have injector pulse?
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager