Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

2012 dodge challenger 3.6 v6 just recently started to smoke

Customer Question
on start up. 26,000 miles...
2012 dodge challenger 3.6 v6 just recently started to smoke on start up. 26,000 miles ,oil level normal just wondering what's going on! valve stem seals? pcv valve?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
5/18/2016
Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 1 year ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on...

I have seen this and if it only smokes a little on startup after a long soak then it's going to be your valve stem seals. We had a bad shipment of heads for the 3.6 and Chrysler has extended the warranty of the head for 150,000 for loose valve seats which will cause a misfire on #2, #4 and #6 cylinders. Before replacing them yourself it would be worth a chance to ask your local Dodge dealership to see if your heads are covered and if they will warranty them for you...

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad

-Brad-
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech