Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

4.7L It overheats at times, engine light comes on, sometimes

Customer Question

4.7L It overheats at times, engine light comes on, sometimes idle's rough when just starting, light comes on and off at various times, losing antifreeze, not much and it's not in the oil, might be going out the tail pipe
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I can, but my friend owns a auto shop
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Do you happen to know the code or codes stored in the computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe it was po116. po300
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
What year is your vehicle? Can get your VIN?