sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Durango: Just bought Dodge Durango 2014 model 28,000 miles...

Customer Question

Just bought Dodge Durango 2014 model 28,000 miles... Twice I'm driving and all of a sudden car decides it wants to decrease in speed....and not accelerate, causing me to have to pull over and leaving me feeling very unsafe as I have 4 kids I'm driving with
Category: Dodge
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
you should still be under the basic 3/36 warranty, have you returned to the dealer?are there any warning lights on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No....warning lights on. No purchased 11/12/16...this happened 11/13/16 and 11/14/16
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I plan to contac dealer today.......but wanted to be more prepared
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need more detailed information of what's going on, so I can be better prepared
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For $28 Tell me what's causing problem please!
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
i'm sorry you are asking far more than any online help can provide we are not miracle workers and unless the car is in front of me with a scan tool attached AND be being able to duplicate it, (it appears this happened 2 times 6months ago) there is no help to give i'm reopening this to the other experts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bill you're the expert and again I just purchased car 5/12/13...also if only way you can diagnose problems is by having a scan tool attached, then why are you soliciting people money online? My apology date I gave was in Nov. on previous reply. I'm just trying to get some direction and feel you've not helped at all. I know the info you gave me....I didn't need to pay for that....Take to dealer you have a warranty line.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!It sounds as if the engine is most likely going into limp in. If the engine controller sees an issue it thinks will inhibit it's ability to properly control RPM it will derate power, controlling RPM with spark and fuel only if it's an electronic throttle control issue. A loss of cam or crank sensor signal will give a low rev limiter also.The engine light comes on when this happens, correct?