Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care
93804480

I just change my power steering and is still making noise

Customer Question

JA: Many things can cause steering issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Can you please help me out
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Am in the auto shop
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: Yes I bought this dodger just 1 year I have be having one problem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am going to try to help
What did you change in the power steering system? Was it just the pump?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pump power steering and I bought it from the dealer
ok, thanks. And as far as the noise, I assume it is the loud groaning noise that is characteristic of power steering pump noise. Does this noise sound any different at all with the new pump or is it exactly the same?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same am so tired
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have bought 4 pump power steering
I understand the frustration...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same noise
Does this noise change at all when you turn the steering wheel?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have some many problems on this car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The radio is not working till I put on my hitter on so hot
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I turn my AC on it make some loud noise too to many problems since I bought this car
I have run into this before. Sometimes a faulty idler pulley can make the exact same noise as power steering and can fool you into thinking that the pump is the problem. You should be able to easily identify which pulley is causing the trouble by removing the belt and spinning each pulley by hand to feel for roughness or even hear a noise. Another trick that you can use without removing the belt at first would be to use a long screw driver to touch the bolts holding on the pulleys and hold it to your ear to see which one is screaming. This should help you to decide which one it is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please can you tell me what is going with the radio is not coming up till I put the hitter on
What do you mean when you turn the heater on...does it not work if the a/c is on in stead of the heat?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I start my car the radio we not work, if my car is cold the radio we not work it only work when the heater is on for like 20 mins and we I of my car it will not come up again till I put the heat the car for like 20mins
I would suspect this problem to be related to a poor connection somewhere inside the dash; behind the radio perhaps. But, I think it would have to be tested in person.
Are you planning on testing the pulleys today?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Let me know the results
Hi, I am checking in to see if you have found your bad pulley yet?
Hi, buddy, this is Josh checking to see if you still need help from me. Also, please remember to leave a positive rating!
Hi, this is Josh checking in on your progress. If you still need assistance, please let me know! If you have resolved this problem, please don't forget to leave a positive rating.