Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I have a 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 and we have to disconnect

Customer Question
Hello I have a 2016...
Hello I have a 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 and we have to disconnect the battery how do I find the anti theft code??
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: R U there?
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Have a 2016 Dodge Ram truck and we have to disconnect the battery, need to find the anti theft code how do I do this???
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just need to know how to locate or find the codes??
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: No just need the anti theft code because when I un hook the battery it is required to start the radio up
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
5/8/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 1 year ago
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Hello, my name is***** can get the code for you, but I will need the truck's VIN number and the serial number off of the radio label. You will need to pull the radio out to get it. Once you have those I can look up the code. Chris
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is an 8.4 touch screen with u connect cant get out the radio easily is there another way?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Brand new truck
If it is brand new, then look in your owners manual packet. The code should be in that pack of pamphlets. Let me know if you find it. By the way, why do you have to disconnect the battery? Chris
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Putting cold air induction, do I have to disconnect to chance out air sensor
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
U still there?
Oh ok. You do not need to disconnect the battery to do that. Just make sure that the ignition switch is off while you do the install. You will be fine doing it that way. Chris
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, no codes in my packet though!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Had already checked but double checked when u suggested it
Ok, well don't disconnect the battery. Just keep the ignition off like I mentioned and you will be fine. But in the future, if you need the code, you will have to provide the serial number of the radio. As far as the code being in the packet, go back to the dealer and ask them for it. You will need it someday. Chris If my answer has helped you, please help me and rate using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A. If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know! You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!
Hello, did you receive my last reply? Chris
Good morning! Just checking back to see if you received my last reply? I have not heard back from you and am just following up with you. Were you able to get the job done?Chris
Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman