-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Sliding doors and rear hatch won't unlock with the fob key

Customer Question

Sliding doors and rear hatch won't unlock with the fob key or the power lock buttons
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: We have tried using different key fobs, but can only lock and unlock the driver side door as the power locks won't work. It's a 2008 dodge grand caravan
JA: Dealing with a malfunctioning key fob can be frustrating and really inconvenient -- the mechanics will have somegood ideas about what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have tried using different keys, we tried reset he iod fuse
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help. Did all the locks go out at the same time? Does it make a noise when you lock/unlock the doors? Have you tried a battery disconnect to see if it will help resetting the system?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. They went out at the same time. I locked the van and when I went to unlock it, nothing again. We did unplug the battery, nothing changed. Should we have left it unplugged for a long time?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
If you have disconnected the battery and the locks still will not work properly, then there are trouble codes in the DDM(Drivers Door Module) as well as the TIPM which is the fuse box under the hood.. You will need a scantool to see what codes you have, once you get the codes post them here so I can direct you to a repair to get it fixed up..