Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have codes p201,p2146,p0483 JA: Sometimes things that you

Customer Question

I have codes p201,p2146,p0483
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2005 dodge Cummings having injector problems
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Cleaning battery connectors cleaned injector wire harness and Checked fuses
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Dodge Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. How is the engine running? Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can hear it missing and slow fuel response. There is no white smoke
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Ok, you may have a single fuel injector failing and setting the codes (except for the P0483). Do you have an ohm meter and understand how to use it? If so remove the valve cover and disconnect injectors 1 , 2, and 3. Then ohm each injector. Tell me what each injector reads Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
#1 injector doesn't read anything #2 and # ***** injectors read .7
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Ok, that # ***** injector is the problem. Replace it and you should be good to go. Do you need the procedures for replacing it? Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok yes if you could give me that would be great thanks
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Ok, give me a few minutes to get that together. Be back in a bit. Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Ok, got it. Click on the link below to see the procedure. Note that there are special tools used, but you can do this without those tools. I hope that I have helped you out today and if so, please take a minute to rate my service so I can be credited for my answer. Thank you! Here is the link:
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
I see you requested a phone call. I sent you the offer. Click/accept it and I can then call you. Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Good morning! Just checking back to see if you received the procedure for replacing the fuel injector, and if you still are requesting a phone call. Let me know, Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
How's it going with the truck? Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I have not heard from you in a while and was just wondering how it is going with the truck.If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept in a positive way. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank you! Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
If my answer has helped you, please help me and rate using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A. If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know! You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, not sure what happened, but it looks like you disappeared. Hope everything is ok, Chris