Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

2014 Ram 2500: I have a Ram 2500 6.7 cummins and I keep getting

Customer Question

I have a Ram 2500 6.7 cummins and I keep getting U0001 and PO26A thrown codes. Just got it back from ram dealer and it threw those codes 3 times each again and it is saying my front tires are low, but reading to be at the exact pressure they need to be
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern. I am researching this concern for you and will get back with you as soon as possible, Thanks for your patience while I gather the information needed for your answer. Please post a reply to get your question back on my "Customer waiting" list... Your understanding is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would just like to add I have already researched the codes and know what they are. My question is more of what could be causing them to throw at the same time multiple times?
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Can you post the last 8 digits of the VIN so I can better research this for you??Thank you, Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
EG196006
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also if it helps, the day before the engine light started coming on I had an oil change done at the ram dealer in monahans, tx and I had been having issues with backup sensors. The technician said that it means one may not be plugged in and sure enough 2 were not. I plugged them in and ever since sometimes they work, and sometimes they go off like I'm close to something when nothing is there. So it would seem I'm having sensor issues, but I don't know where to start looking and the closest dealer is 120 miles away right now, but they obviously didn't want to look for the problem they just replaced intake sensor and cleared the code
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I have been researching your concern and now have a bit of information for you...Let me know if you are missing any info or need an explanation of anything posted here... For now, I'm posting some diagnostic info for both codes and a star case for the U0001 code.Click Here for P026A Diagnostic ChartClick here for Star Case pertaining to U0001 codeClick here for U0001 Diagnostic info (PCM)Read through the above documents and let me know if you have questions. As for the P026A, Make sure there is no bug guts on the front of the intercooler and radiator. (Remember, Intercooler is mounted down low on a 2014 truck). If the intercooler and radiator are clear, I would start looking at a possible failed fan clutch...Pay close attention to the star case for the U0001, if yours exhibits any of the described symptoms, the star case may help...Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions... Thank you, Robert
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved. If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks, ***** ***** you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark >"" My Profile Page "< (Bookmark this link) in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue. If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so... If your not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.