Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

THE AIR CONDITIONER PUMP WENT OUT ON MY 1995 PLYMOUTH GRAND

Customer Question
VOYAGER......CAN I USE A SHORTER...
THE AIR CONDITIONER PUMP WENT OUT ON MY 1995 PLYMOUTH GRAND VOYAGER......CAN I USE A SHORTER BELT AND SKIP THE AIR CONDITIONER PULLEY ALTOGETHER? ***** *****(###) ###-####
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: CAN i USE A SHORTER BELT AND SKIP THE A/C? 1995 plymouth grand voyager 3.3.... thanks, ***** *****....***-***-****
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I ought a reeular belt for one with air.....but it doesn,t now have a pulley....so I bought a belt for the 95 "without air"....but hoped to find out if it would work....but it is only 3 inches shorter. hoped you would tell me it would work!!!
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: no just that there is now no pulley for the a/c...thanks,
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
4/30/2016
Dodge Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 1 year ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist the correct way to do this is to remove the ac compressor from the van. there is a replacement pulley that bolts directly to where the ac compressor goes. then you can use the same belt and all will be good. removing it requires re routing of the belt and changes tensions on the other pulleys causing issues down the road. you can get the bypass pulley at any parts store. it is a common repair. Roy
Jerry, Master Mechanic