Nate, ASE Master Certified
Experience:  ASE Master Certified in all areas of automotive service.
34975145

Dodge Challenger: 2012 DODGE CHALLENGER. AIRBAG LIGHT COMES

Customer Question

2012 DODGE CHALLENGER. AIRBAG LIGHT COMES ON AND STAYS ON. FACTORY RECALL WAS DONE, PROBLEM CAME BACK AFTER A FEW WEEKS, REPAIRED UNDER RECALL AGAIN AND WAS BACK ON 3 WEEKS LATER. NOW THE DRIVERS SIDE WINDOW IS GOING UP AND DOWN BY ITSELF ABOUT 1/4". IT HAPPENS WHILE DRIVING AS WELL AS WHEN PARKED...HAPPENS ALL NIGHT LONG SOMETIMES AND I'VE HAD TO GET A NEW BATTERY. LAST THING - SINCE THE WINDOWS STARTED UP MY AUTO HEADLIGHTS HESITATE BEFORE COMING ON AFTER DARK. USED TO COME ON ALMOST IMMEDIATELY BUT NOW THEY DON'T COME ON UNTIL AFTER THE AIRBAG LIGHT DINGS AND LIGHTS UP. I WOULD TAKE IT TO THE LOCAL DEALERSHIP BUT AFTER MAKING THEM REPAIR THE AIRBAG LIGHT THE 2ND TIME (NOT PLEASANT EXPERIENCE) THEY TOLD ME THEY NO LONGER WANT MY BUSINESS AND NOT WELCOME THERE. NOT SURE WHERE TO GO FROM HERE...
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Nate replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ellie and welcome to Just Answer. How would you like me to assist you today? I definitely sound like your car has some unresolved issues. Do you know what was performed during the recall? Was a module reprogrammed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't know the specifics, only that they replaced the harness under the driver's seat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will the very n # ***** you access to the next info you need?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
*VIN #
Expert:  Nate replied 1 year ago.
Now the problems that you have, do they happen all the time or are they intermittent? Has the dealership attempted to diagnose the issues at all?
Expert:  Nate replied 1 year ago.
The vin# ***** wouldn't hurt
Expert:  Nate replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure that the conditions you have are related to the recall or not but once I know what has been performed, I can give you a better idea
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
VIN 2C3CDYBT7CH122849. I have not taken it back to the dealership since the 2nd airbag repair. I had to force the issue to get the repair done and am no longer welcome at the dealership. I have a mechanic that takes care of regular service & maintenance but they are unable to do anything with the computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The airbag light is on constantly. The window issue is intermittent. The headlights hesitating before coming on are constant but only since the window issue began. The new battery did not change the headlight hesitation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you can pinpoint the problem and it's just a sensor or something then my mechanic can do the work. That is what I'm am hoping for. I trust my guy but not so much the local dealership.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One last thing while you are looking at all this stuff....car is a 6 speed manual and u was told the emergency brake was self adjusting but it is not. E brake holds as long as it's in gear but in neutral it will roll on the slightest incline.
Expert:  Nate replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I looked up the vin# ***** my system and it looks like the recall that was performed is not gonna be related to the issues that you are experiencing with the windows, or the headlights. The air bag light may be on for the same issue but it is hard to tell with out knowing the code that is turning the light on. I would have to hook up my equipment and scan the code to see what the light is on for. As far as the E-brake. that is something that your mechanic should easily be able to adjust and get working properly. The windows and headlights may be caused a malfunctioning body control module. However that is something that a dealership would have to correct because the module needs to be programed by dealer specific equipment. Is there another dodge dealer that would be willing to diagnose your vehicle and give you an estimate?
Expert:  Nate replied 1 year ago.
If there's any way at all I can further help you with this issue please let me know!