Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I'm trying to sell my Dodge Journey and the brake light

Customer Question

Hi I'm trying to sell my Dodge Journey and the brake light wont go off. All the pads have been changed and brakes are working fine but garage cant get the light to go off. Brake fluid level is fine and they are saying that the fluid sensor needs replaced but that it £200 and was wondering if there was a quick fix, ive spent over £1k on it this year and I just want to get rid of it now but obviously the light being on will put of any potential buyers.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes cant afford to take it back to the garage.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Toping up the fluid, they have tried short circuiting the sensor at the garage also.
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: Light came on about a month ago, I had a seized caliper so I assumed that was the problem and gave the garage the go ahead to replace it. They did so but when I got it back the light was still on. I took it back and they tried to correct the sensor but the light stayed on. Don't know if its an airlock in the ABS brakes feel a bit spongy.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help. What codes are in the ABS module?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Spoke with the garage they have confirmed the following codes were seen in the ECU: TIPMCGW C1008. This relates to the brake fluid level sensor within the reservoir. The problem is the sensor costs £200 in the UK so that's why I'm hesitant to go ahead as I have spent considerable amount of money on the car already so was wondering if could source the part cheaper somewhere if that is the actual problem. The part no is 68100295AA.