Fix_It_Man
Fix_It_Man, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Technician with over 20 years experience.
1627031

Will a trasmission from a 2003 4.7dakota fit a 3.9 of the same

Customer Question

Will a trasmission from a 2003 4.7dakota fit a 3.9 of the same year?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I need to change my transmission. Would one from a 4.7 fit a 3.9 engine of the same year?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Really? I just want to know if the are compatible.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** answer your question, both of these engines will use a different transmission and they are not interchangeable. Because of the electronics and the size of the transmission it will not fit and it will not function with the different engine and electronics. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.