sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dodge ram 3500 diesel dually: I have a 2000 Dodge ram 3500

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Dodge ram 3500 diesel which had the tach and oil pressure gauge quit working and now when I start the truck the tachometer works for a short time and the truck runs rough until the tach stops working.
then when I am driving the tach will start working for a short period and and the truck will run rough or stall
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!It sounds as if you have a crank sensor issue. A loss of proper signal from the crank sensor on the engine or internal in the injector pump will both cause the tach to drop out and rough running.Have you checked for fault codes in the ECM?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the repair like
The problem has to be diagnosed to know what repair will be necessary.Do you know what fault codes are setting in the ECM?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to get it read because it has been a while
Ok.