rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 5.2 codes p0442 and p0441 what is

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 5.2 codes p0442 and p0441 what is the most common cause

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach
automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
After I smoke the system, I usually find bad gas caps and bad purge valves, but it's not uncommon to see splits in the lines too.

Thanks, Ron