Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I have a 2010 dodge journey. My problem is that my keys are

Customer Question
stuck in the ignition and...
I have a 2010 dodge journey. My problem is that my keys are stuck in the ignition and my car won't start. No lights or anything will come on in the car.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The car won't start and I can't take my keys out
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
4/20/2016
Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 1 year ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Welcome to JustAnswer!!!My Name is ***** ***** I have worked at a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help you get your vehicle repaired... It sounds like your WIN is bad.. The WIN is the Wireless Ignition Node which is the part you stick your key into.. If the battery is fully charged and the key's will not work then you will need a scantool to see what codes the WIN has... I have replaced many of them for a no start issue such as yours... I hope this helps and if you need more assistance feel free to reply, and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there anyway to get it started to get it to a dealer
You can try a 5 minute battery disconnect to see if a hard reset will help but of not then no there is no bypass to get it to start because the WIN is your security module and it will need to be repaired to get it to start.Brad
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do I have to take my tire off to get to my battery
No you can just remove the ground jump start post under the hood which will disconnect the battery. Leave it off for 5min and reconnect to see if it will help.
I hope this helps and if you need more assistance feel free to reply, and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad
-Brad-
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech