Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

How to reset air bag light after replacing air bags and module.

Customer Question

How to reset air bag light after replacing air bags and module. 2005 dodge ram 1500. Rich
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The vehicle was hit in the front and air bags deployed.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. You can use a scan tool tat will communicate with the airbag module, or by disconnecting the battery. If the light comes back on, then there is still something wrong. Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The battery has been disconnected many times, the light is still on. Rich

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then there is still a problem in the airbag circuit. What airbag code are you getting? Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The only code is for the oxygen sensor , low voltage left side. Rich

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
No I need airbag codes. Your OBD scan tool will not read airbag codes. You need a scan tool that will read airbag codesChris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rich, just checking back to see if you ever got the airbag codes checked. let me know, Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't have air bag scan tool. I just replaced the clock spring, since I had only replaced the air bags and controller previously. Air bag light still comes on. Are there any other air bag sensors on the truck? Pep Boys wanted $800 for air bag scan tool.

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
It depends. If the truck has side airbags then there are side impact sensors which are mounted under the left and right B pillar trim panels. You know, what I recommend you doing at this point is to drive to the Dodge dealer and ask them to connect their DRB 3 scan tool and read the air bag codes. They may or may not charge you, but it would be money well spent if they do. It beats throwing any more parts at it. Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's a 2005 Ram 1500 2wd. It just has the driver and passenger bags. Are there any front sensors or just the control module ? I understand that the 2006 added a sensor. With Chrysler products they make things difficult.

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
No front impact sensors on a 2005 Ram. If it does not have side airbags, then there should be no more sensors. You may have a passenger airbag squib fault, or ??? Get the codes read, then tell me what the code is. Chris