Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have an 04 Dodge Cummins 4x4 with the 48re tranny . I pulled

Customer Question

I have an 04 Dodge Cummins 4x4 with the 48re tranny . I pulled a 1756 code and replaced the solenoid and transducer . Still no luck . The trouble has always been (no 1st gear) . But at times it will work like new . I am thinking their may be a wiring problem . Wondering if you could give me a good starting point ?
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission? Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Everything else about the vehicle is fine .
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Dodge Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  tims auto repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist you.
did you replace the governor pressure sensor and the governor pressure solenoid?