-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

B250: I need to replace a steering coupling on a 91 b250 van.

Customer Question

I need to replace a steering coupling on a 91 b250 van. It has been repaired with the dorman repair kit - no better. Probable will need the entire housing. I can't find it anywhere.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!!My Name is ***** ***** I have worked at a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help you get your vehicle repaired... Can I get your VIN number to try and locate you the complete housing? Talk soon,Brad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2B7HB21Y9MK416274
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Ok from us(Dodge) it's discontinued, but give me a little time to call a few guys to see if I can locate you the complete housing for the linkage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great - I have been searching for a couple years. I am searching now. Also, what is the difference between the coupling for a 91 Dodge w250 and a coupling for a 91 Dodge B250 van?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay! The only manufacturer I could find is Dorman and the housing is 425-252 click >>HERE<< Since you installed the guts and it's still loose I would get a new housing and put the new guts in it and you should have tight steering again.. I hope this helps and if you need more assistance feel free to reply, and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brad, are you sure 425-252 is the right part number for my Van?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Yes 425-252 will fit your vehicle and should take care of the loose play!! I hope this helps and if you need more assistance feel free to reply, and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad