Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

1998 dodge sport data link connector came apart. My wires

Customer Question
1998 dodge sport data link...
1998 dodge sport data link connector came apart. My wires are different colors from what is shown on this discussion
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 1998 Dodge sport Data link connector under dash came apart. My wire colors are Purple, Black and tan, Black and green, White and purple, pink and blue, green, white and black, and pink Don't know which wire goes into which hole
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
4/7/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Amedee, Dodge Technician replied 1 year ago
Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Hello and welcome! Would you like a wiring diagram of the data link connector so you can put it back together correctly? Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes, wiring diagram would be nice. Vin 1B7HC16Z8XS146585
The VIN came back as a 99 dodge ram
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, not my truck, I was told 98
Ok, no problem..
Here are some wiring diagrams. You will have to look for the data link connector on each diagram as they are different. Once you find the DLC, then look close as they will show you the color of the wires and what pins they go in at the DLC connector.
And here is a link you can use that tells you which pins are which at the DLC connector. http://www.obdii.com/connector.html
I am glad I can help! It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks, ***** ***** check them out
Your welcome
Please dont forget to rate. You should see the rating system towards the bottom of the page. Thanks and have a great day!!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the first diagram help some, but it only shows 4 wires going to the data link connector, one color of which I don't have and that is the violet/brown. Date of manufacture on truck label is 10/98
Can you upload a detailed pic of all of the wires?
Pin 3 is violette/brownPin 5 is black/tanPin 6 is Dark GreenPin 7 is Pink/Dark bluePin 11 is white/blackPin 16 is pink
The white/purple or white/violette should only be for a diesel vehicle. It goes to pin 14. Here is a wiring diagram.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, non diesel
Then dont worry about that wire..
However, if you have that wire, you can always hook it up to pin 14
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks, ***** ***** it another shot. However, we have accounted for 7 wires, still one left or is it another wire for a diesel?
I would hook it up according to the way the last diagram is that I sent over. This is how it should be according to the VIN you provided me with.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, thanks.
Your welcome! Please dont forget to rate. Have a great day!!!
Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance? Let me know!
Amedee
Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician