Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

As I was driving my 2007 Durango, the engine cut out after

Customer Question

As I was driving my 2007 Durango, the engine cut out after 10 seconds. I tried to start it, heard what sounded like the starter solenoid kicking out the gear, then it cutoff again
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Dodge Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: I have been told by my local technician, that the security module probably needs to be re-flashed
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. This might be a security issue, but low voltage can cause this also. Has the battery been tested yet? Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not yet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I load test the battery, and it shows good, what is your suggestion?
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Then I recommend resetting the SKIM security module by doing a battery disconnect / reconnect. That should reboot the system.Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will try. Thanks
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome!Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
By the way, if I have been at al helpful, please take a minute to rate my service today. I can still help you if youy have further questions even after you rate. Thank you! Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking back to see how it is going with the truck.If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept in a positive way. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank you! Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.