Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Charger rt: my water pump failed, leaking antifreeze.I replaced

Customer Question

my water pump failed, leaking antifreeze.I replaced the water pump,but now will not start.i think maybe a sensor got wet.any help would be appreciated.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
engine was not ran hot.it tries to start,but smell gas.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2B3KA53H08H157511
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the VIN! Is the engine cranking over but not starting or is it not even cranking over at all? Have you checked for codes in the computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the car cranks over.the check engine light is on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when it cranks over it does not sound right.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information. Have you checked for spark and or fuel when cranking when the engine does not start?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if I let it sit a while, when I first turn the key,it sounds normal for a second while (while starting),then sounds like it is not right.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Ok, we need to check for spark and fuel when cranking. It is possible that your missing spark (due to a bad crank sensor) or missing fuel (due to a bad fuel pump.)