Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Dodge & Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

How to unhook emergency cable from caliper 09 town and country

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Putting on new caliper cant get emer cable off
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Don - Mo Lurch replied 1 year ago.
.sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.Here is Factory Service Manual proceduresClick Link Below.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating..Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A..NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better..Rating is very Important to our Service.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not helping me cable does not cme off brackt?
which bracket.....the one at the Caliper or on frame?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Caliper
you have to have the cable loose from the Frame Bracket to give the cable some slack at the CaliperThen push the Retainer Fingers in, just like the Frame one, to release the CableIF the Fingers will not go in, spray it with a Lubricant like PB Blaster & try againIt is pretty straight forward
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
sorry....not able to call...........Please post here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bracket on caliper like a backward c fingers pushed down caliper cant pull over end of cableeye attached to caliiper
IF you have the Rear Cable disconnected from the Front Cable that goes into cab, and you have the Rear Cable disconnected from the Frame Bracket & the Caliper Bracket, you should be able to pull the cable out far enough to bend the eye over the "C" part of the E-Brake & remove.IF the E-Brake is stuck, then you can try to pry up the "C" part as you pull the Cable Eye out