mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

We have a base model 2007 Dodge Charger with 2.7 liter

Customer Question

We have a base model 2007 Dodge Charger with 2.7 liter engine and automatic. The engine has suffered catastrophic damage and must be replaced. Given the 'bad press' on the 2.7, could I replace (swap) in a 3.5 liter engine from a Concorde or ???
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Probably Yes. I have done several engine replacements before, e.g. put a Jasper remanufactured 3.2 engine in my Concorde four years ago. Have 342k on that car now.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: Mmmmm No. Its a clean plain vanilla car. My girlfriend was simple foolish to let her daughter who never looks at the dipstick drive it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  mike switzer replied 1 year ago.

you could swap it but it will be a daunting task that i would not recommend. there is lots of wiring issues you will run into not to mention i believe the subframes are different. to be perfectly honest it would be more cost effective to replace the original engine in that vehicle.

if you have no further questions i would appreciate if you could take a moment ot rate me since this is how i am compensated.