Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Dodge & Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

The alarm went off and I can't stop it, I have a 99 durango.

Customer Question

the alarm went off and I can't stop it
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a 99 durango. I unlocked the door with my key and the alarm went off and would not reset. I don't have a functioning key fob either
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if possible. can the bcm be reprogrammed to defeat the alarm?
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: the transmission skips over first gear but is driveable that way
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Don - Mo Lurch replied 1 year ago.

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
IF this is Factory Alarm :
Be sure the Battery is fully charged

Passive disarming of the Vehicle Theft Security System (VTSS) occurs when the vehicle is unlocked using the key to unlock either front door or the lift-gate.

Active disarming of the VTSS occurs when the vehicle is unlocked by depressing the Unlock button of the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter.
Once the alarm has been activated (horn sounding, headlamps flashing, and the engine no-run feature), either disarming method will also deactivate the alarm.
.

IF the above does Not work, then the Alarm Module may be defective & need replacing
You can try a RESET, by disconnecting "both" Battery Cables
Briefly touch BOTH Battery Cables together
Reconnect the Battery Cables
Unlock the Passenger Door with Key, Start Engine
.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That answer is available in the owners manual. Like I said it, doesn't reset. Can this alarm be programmed out of it, can I purchase a bcm without the alarm, what would it take to get a keyless entry to work.

You did NOT post IF you read the Manual or tried UNLOCKING the Passenger Door or Rear Lift Gate

IF the Alarm continues to be Armed, Programming New Factory Remotes will not work.
The Alarm has to be in the DisArm Mode
Use of Dealer Scan Tool is needed to DisArm & RESET, IF the Unlocking with Key does NOT work.
You may still be able to purchase a PCM without the Alarm Activated, but it would be a lot cheaper to have Dodge Dealer Test with Scan Tool first