sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Power door locks 't work, even though the key activates the

Customer Question

power door locks don't work, even though the key activates the alarm, I have checked all fuses, also the under hood lamp it doesn't work as well
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: sorry i should have told you it is a 2006 dodge ram 3500 4X4 5.9 diesel
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked all fuses and they are good
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may be missing power on the IOD circuit, which could be a TIPM or wiring issue if the fuse is actually good. If there is no power on the IOD circuit you won't have power locks, the radio, no power to the data link connector or underhood light.

Does the radio work?