Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

2009 Dodge Caliber sxt 2.0 error code p2017 won't clear,

Customer Question
replaced runner valve & also...
2009 Dodge Caliber sxt 2.0 error code p2017 won't clear, replaced runner valve & also in bolted runner valve, disconnected battery cables, clamped them together for 20 minutes& code would not clear do I need to go to dodge to clear fault (too much time &a money) for something I should be able to do...
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/24/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician

Hi there. OBD-II codes will clear on their own after 49 consecutive starts without the onboard computer detecting the same problem - check engine light might turn off sooner. If you don't want to wait for the system to do it on its own, then you can have anyone with an inexpensive code reader/eraser do it for you - no need to spend the big bucks at the dealer ;-)

Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician