Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Two days ago bought a 2008 dodge ram 5.7 hemi ... and has a

Customer Question
Hi JA: Hello. What is your...
Hi
JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: Two days ago bought a 2008 dodge ram 5.7 hemi ...
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: and has a noise when accelerating and sometimes as explocion in the engine
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I'm going to trie
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't have idea about this
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: you have any idea that you can be ?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
3/24/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 year ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

Ok, is the check engine light on steady, or blinking on and off?

Can you describe the noise when accelerating - growling, humming, roaring, etc?

Please remember that I am not there to test drive it or listen to it, so I rely on you to be as specific as possible and provide as much detail as possible

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The noise is like a whistle as when an air hose breaks .. sounds when accelerating normally and when a constant speed is maintained and accelerated slowly also feels that whistle ... Also the motor changes sound like when you disconnect ..in a spark plug ocaciones ago as a small explosion ...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not Check engine light on..

HI,

How does it idle in gear at a stop?

HI,

Sorry, one more question. I just need to make sure that the check engine light does work. When you turn the key to the on position before starting the vehicle, does the check engine light come on?

Jerry, Master Mechanic