Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 1997 ply grand voyager 3.3 v6 the check engine

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 1997 ply grand voyager 3.3 v6 the check engine light came on and now it seems to be in 3rd gear I checked for codes and found a P0700 code I tried clearing the code but as soon as I start the engine the code resets
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible yes
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

The P0700 code means that the PCM has requested that the check engine light come on. That happens whenever there is a trans code in the TCM.

.

You will want to have the TCM codes read. That is normally done with a scan tool rather than a code reader but some code readers are able to read trans codes.

.

When we know the code(s) then we will have a better understanding as to what the cause may be. Thanks

.