sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My 2011 Dodge 3500 with a 6.7 L diesel engine while driving

Customer Question

My 2011 Dodge 3500 with a 6.7 L diesel engine while driving down the road the engine died. now the starter won't engage the horn blows and lights work but the engine will not turn over or engage stsrter. Appears to be electrical to me.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the engine died while driving and now will not crank then odds are the ECM is down, assuming there are no other electrical issues. The ECM may be down due to an internal failure (which is rare), a loss of power or ground, or a short to power or ground on a couple different circuits.

Have you checked fuses?

Have you checked for scan tool communication with the ECM?