Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

2011 dodge 2500 6.7 diesel code p003a will only make about

Customer Question
12 psi of boost. I...
2011 dodge 2500 6.7 diesel code p003a will only make about 12 psi of boost. I have cleaned the egr valve.was not bad at all, cleaned the turbo not bad at all the vane moves full travel no sticking. auto enginuity scan tool shows vgt position 50%. vgt command 0.19% it is using about 2.5 gal of def every 300 miles. also has codes p1193 and code p2228.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
3/21/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect the wiring on the engine and make sure there is no damaged or shorted wiring causing this fault here.If there is any damaged or shorted wiring this will need to be repaired to correct this fault here.If this has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the wiring all looked good. I did not know how to check the boost control module to see if it is good or if it is getting the right voltage to do what it should do... (the truck was running fine), it got a code for the def pump. a local diesel shop put a def pump in it, now it has a p003a code and low power ???? I can put a turbo in it but I don't want to and find out it needs a ecm or has a bad wire or????

Can you verify that the code number P003a is the correct number setting as my info isnt listing this code for this model here?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is a P003A code turbo boost control module exceeded learning limit.

Unfortunately my info doesnt list or cover this fault code here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician