Dan, Technician
Experience:  2 Year Auto Diploma and Database Access
17871496

Son put after market radio in 2005 dodge Dakota. About a day

Customer Question

Son put after market radio in 2005 dodge Dakota. About a day later truck would not start. Learned he probably triggered the anti theft system. Need to know how to reset or if it has to be done by professional i.e. Garage etc with computer system
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** is no reset available that can be done without a high end scan tool. The PCM which is the main engine computer is common to fail on these vehicles causing this symptom you are describing. Without a scan tool you can access the starter relay and make sure that power is coming to the relay on terminal #30 all of the time, and make sure that terminal 86 gets power in the "crank" position. Then if you ground dark green/orange wire at pin 38 on connector 3 at PCM with key on this should cause starter to engage, if so points toward PCM as the problem. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.