Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Trying to charge the ac. How do I override the low pressure

Customer Question
Trying to charge the ac...
Trying to charge the ac. How do I override the low pressure sensor to get the compressor clutch to engage so I can charge the system?
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Ok. The system has a keak, I'm trying to find it. I vacuumed the system and now need to charge it. In order to do that the compressor must run.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: The clutch isn't engaging because there's no freon in the system
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: Other than its a 2010. I need to know how to manually engage the ac compressor clutch.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2016
Dodge Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

2010 Dodge? Model and engine size please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Sorry I have nothing for this system, I will OPT PUT of your question

Dodge Mechanic: Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech replied 1 year ago
Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech

Hello , so it will not let you put even a can of freeon in the system with engine off ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The compressor isn't running, it won't suck freon in unless it's running. I've done this 10,000 times, with a two wire you just take the connector off and short across the contacts, the compressor kicks in - but this doesn't work with a three wire. How do I get the compressor clutch to engage so it will suck I b the freon?
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you need to run the compressor with no protection you'll need to apply power to the dark blue/yellow wire going to the compressor clutch coil.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08