sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Trying to charge the ac. How do I override the low pressure

Customer Question

Trying to charge the ac. How do I override the low pressure sensor to get the compressor clutch to engage so I can charge the system?
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Ok. The system has a keak, I'm trying to find it. I vacuumed the system and now need to charge it. In order to do that the compressor must run.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: The clutch isn't engaging because there's no freon in the system
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: Other than its a 2010. I need to know how to manually engage the ac compressor clutch.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

2010 Dodge? Model and engine size please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ram 1500 hemi
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I have nothing for this system, I will OPT PUT of your question

Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 1 year ago.

Hello , so it will not let you put even a can of freeon in the system with engine off ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The compressor isn't running, it won't suck freon in unless it's running. I've done this 10,000 times, with a two wire you just take the connector off and short across the contacts, the compressor kicks in - but this doesn't work with a three wire. How do I get the compressor clutch to engage so it will suck I b the freon?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you need to run the compressor with no protection you'll need to apply power to the dark blue/yellow wire going to the compressor clutch coil.