Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified
20625509

After determining that my "stop lamps" were draining my

Customer Question

after determining that my "stop lamps" were draining my battery using a test light what would be the next step for my 2005 dodge stratus? I don't visually see the stop lights on unless the brake is applied
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

So the test light lights even though the brake pedal isn't pressed down?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

I see that fuse #11 in the pdc which is the stoplamp fuse also feeds fuse #5 in the junction block before it feeds the stoplamp switch, so remove that #5 fuse and check the battery drain again.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

If the drain goes away when the fuse #5 is removed, you are going to have to disconnect each item that fuse #5 feeds one at a time and then look again at the test light. The when you determine which item it is, see if the item even works when the battery is hooked back up.