Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 1995 nsx has a proximity alarm that has disabled the

Customer Question
electrical system and the horn...
My 1995 nsx has a proximity alarm that has disabled the electrical system and the horn sounds constantly. I have just reconnected the battery after being away for 1 1/2 years and think that the alarm must be the culprit. I do not know the alarm maker for sure and only have the following things to help identify it. There are 2 black trumpet horns in the front that are made in Taiwan and have DEI on them, 514/N and 518/N. There is a small black rectangular key fob with one button that has a new battery and has a sticker on the back bearing the number 55555 05/90 3180. The key fob for the car from the factory has 2 buttons, the first says ARM DISARM and the second says EXT PANIC. I cannot find the brain for the alarm and need help please.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
3/12/2016
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The location of the alarm module will vary depending on the installer's preference but it would usually be behind the trim panel under the steering column.

Has the key fob been tested; is there any response from the vehicle when pressing it's button?

Do you have the VIN?