Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 2.0 liter...the coolant fans

Customer Question
I have a 2007...
I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 2.0 liter...the coolant fans are not turning on..Why? and where is the fan relay located?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
3/8/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

The cooling fans are controlled through the TIPM (totally integrated power module).

Are you getting a check engine light also? P0480/P0481?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Checked the 40 AMP fuse was good,..thinking it is a engine coolant temp sensor...temp light came on first time last night...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hellooo,...

I'm sorry,

I hadn't received a response so I thought it was safe to leave the shop and go home.

Do you plan to diagnose/repair this yourself?

You will need a scan tool to see whether the TIPM is commanding the fans to come on correctly:

The Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) located near the left front of the engine compartment grounds relays to control the fan motors. These relays determine if the fan motors are fed power in series or parallel. In series, each fan motor gets about 6 volts. In parallel, each fan motor gets full battery voltage. The relay box is located on the outside of the left front frame rail.

For low speed, the TIPM grounds the Dark Blue/Light Green wire (pin 7) in the C11 (green) connector. For high speed, the TIPM also grounds the Dark Blue/Orange wire (pin 22) in the C11 (green) connector.

To test, ground the Dark Blue/Light Green wire at the relay. If the fans run on low speed now, check the wire for an open.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please do not bill me again,... It is the wrong fan you are discussing...it is the radiator coolant fans that are not working,..

I don't handle billing, but I can assure you that I am talking about the cooling fans. Perhaps this type of service isn't going to work for you.

If you would like I can flag your question for review by customer service.

As experts we don't handle anything to do with billing.

Jerry, Master Mechanic