roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

I went to have it emmison teststed and the guy told me that

Customer Question

I went to have it emmison teststed and the guy told me that his computer couldn't get into the cars computer and that the car computer was bad and needed replacing everything works no warning lights on I tried to check fuses but couldn't find one related to ecm
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Depends on what it is
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checking the fuses
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: I just bought it don't know
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Dodge Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

does the check engine light come on when the key is on, engine off???

what is the year, model and engine size???

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is a 2003 what engine size I don't know yes engine light comes on when key inserted not running
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

I doubt the pcm is bad. it may be there equipment that is the issue which is common. did you try a parts store to see if they can read any codes?? it is a free service and easy to check.

if the pcm was bad, you would have many other issues.

Roy

Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get Paid for my efforts

Roy