Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Power sear in my 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan will not move

Customer Question
Power sear in my...

Power sear in my 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan will not move backwards. Everything else moves but it is stuck forward. I can here it trying to move and sometimes one side moves but not both. Is there a way to replace the motor without having to buy a full seat?

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My seat is stuck forward. I can not move it back. The up, down, lean forward, leab back works but not the just push forward and backwards. I need to move the seat back at least so I can comforably and safely drive it.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
3/7/2016
Dodge Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 2 years ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

There can possibly something in the track that is preventing it to move, or the motor is defective and cannot travel its' full movement.

Thanks, Ron