Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

1993 DODGE RAM 2500 50,000 MILES LOST POWER TO THE INJECTION…

Customer Question
1993 DODGE RAM 2500...
1993 DODGE RAM 2500 50,000 MILES LOST POWER TO THE INJECTION PUMP SOLONOID AND THE TRUCK SHUT OFF I CHECK FUSES UNDER DASH AND RELAYS ON THE FENDER WELL WHAT ELSE IS LEFT I HAD TO POWER PUMP WITH A JUMPER LEAD TO GET HOME
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/7/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is this a dark blue wire that power was lost on?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

I believe so that is the Y I spliced into however there is a Nother black wire that is connected to the injector pump solenoid do not know which one creates power to solenoid
I cannot find a relay to activate that blue wire from the ignition switch or a fuse

Is this solenoid at the drivers front side of the engine?

The solenoid screws into the diesel injection pump

O.k.,disconnect the fuel heater (on top of the fuel water seperator) and test the dark blue wire for power with the key on and let me know what you come up with here.

Thanks Pete

The black-and-white ground wire was broken on that anyways but it is now disconnected still no power at the injection pump solenoid

Do you have a dark blue wire to test at the fuel heater for power and if so is there any power to it?

there is Dr. Lou wire at the field heater has power does that need to make continuity through the heater in order to have power at the solenoid and where does the power come from from the fuel solenoid back to the cabin where does it go

O.k.,this same wire feeds power to the solenoid.So if you have power at the heater but not at the solenoid this indicates the fuses are o.k. and the issue is in the wiring leading from the heater to the solenoid itself.You will need to trace the wiring from the solenoid to locate the break or corrosion in the wiring and then once located it can be repaired.You may have to peel back tape or any conduit to access this wire to trace it from the solenoid to locate and repair this here.

If this was a fuse or any other component at fault causing the no power issue then this fuel heater wouldnt have power like it does here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

OK all wires are laying out on top of the valve cover and that harness was melted at that fuel heater however did not realize the power to the solenoid was the same blue wires coming from the fuel Jeter there is a Nother blue wire coming up the harness from under the cab that is also melted thought that may have something to do with it also I can connect the wire to the fuel eater that fuel heater runs The whole time the engine is on

You can run a new wire to the blue section of wire that does have power and this will correct this fault here.The best thing to do though is to replace the harness if you can to correct all of the issues here.But it does sound like you have located the fault and all it needs is repaired or replaced now to correct this.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician