Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

When my dodge warms up it wont shift into thrid or overdrive…

Customer Question
When my dodge warms...

When my dodge warms up it wont shift into thrid or overdrive I have taken it to a transmission shop they said my transmission was fine why wont it shift

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Thats all when the temp gage gets were its supposed to be it wont shift

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes if its a easy fix

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Crank shaft sensor and cam shaft sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?

Cruise control doesn't work

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
3/6/2016
Dodge Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 2 years ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

why did you replace the crank and cam sensor???

is there any codes???? what makes you think it is not shifting??

Roy

It came up on a computer scan the sensors it will shift the first time i drive it once a come to a stop it wont shift into third or overdriv

what came up??? what codes??? please, I need information to help

It just said the cam crank sensor were bad no codes

if there were no codes, how or what told you the sensors were bad??

if there are no transmission codes, then it is not eletronic. it is a mechanical issue possibly with the valve body. have you hanged the fluid and filter??

Roy

how are you making out