Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I opened up my girlfriend's2006 magnum with

Customer Question
Hi.I opened up my...

Hi.I opened up my girlfriend's2006 magnum with a2.7.ugly...timing chain jumped I'm pretty sure..one and two cylinder connecting rod bearings are shoot out..what it's the correct placement PhD all the gears when aligned with the chain?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes...and praying to every engine god out there.

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Pulling the crank shaft oily and about to pull the timing chain.just don't wanna waste my time if I don't have too.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?

Took it to the flagship last week and they said a lower end problem...I think it spun a main bearing now cylinder one and two are knocking hard..

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
3/5/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

I am not sure what you are trying to find out. Did a main bearing spin?

i opened the bottom end and there was all kind of metal in the pan...im wanting to do a bottom end rebuild..the timing jumped so its hard to tell where to line everything up from..i have to clean to top end cam sprockets to set timing correctly...my question for now is how do i put the chain back on in the correct spot to ensure i wont damage the valves?
i believe the front main bearing spun..along with the one and two connecting rod bearings.

I see, thanks. The timing of the camshafts and crank are all in the instructions for the chain.

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks