Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Leo My name is ***** *****... Heres my issue...About two

Customer Question

HI leo My name is ***** *****... Heres my issue...About two weeks ago a transmission line went on my 2001 dodge 3500 4wd duelly. left me stranded. A friend took me to auto parts store i repaired line. filled with atf4 and has been good since... until yesterday. truck was hunting between 1st and 2nd but if i let off gas i could get it to shift into next gear. Got it home, wouldnt stay in park and wouldnt start either in park. would start in neutral! Any ideas?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I went to work all was fine but coming home not so fine. Truck sat in parking lot at work all day.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I see that your question has not been answered yet. Do you still need help with your problem?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ive been waiting for an answer. Thank You Bruce
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok, sorry for the wait. Sometimes the experts get backed up and cannot answer questions fast enough. I am thinking that your shift cable may be out of adjustment or there is an issue with the valve body in the transmission. I want you to check the shift cable first. Tomorrow morning I will send you the procedures for adjusting the cable. Hopefully that will take care of it. I will send it in the morning asap.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok sounds good
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok, below is a DropBox link withe the shifter adjustment procedure. Copy and paste that link into your browser's address bar and hit enter to see the procedure.. Hopefully this will help. If not, then you may need to drop the oil pan and check the park rod and rooster comb, and/or replace the valve body.

I hope that I have been helpful and if so would you take a minute to rate my service today? I would really appreciate it and can continue to assist you even after you rate.

Thank you!

Here is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pfrcmynlmzv4ryo/BE%20shifter%20adjustment.doc?dl=0

.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
chris , if it were the shift rod or rooster comb could i replace those without removing the transmission
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Yes you can do it with the transmission still in the truck.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yeah!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome!! :)

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Please don't forget to rate me using the just answer rating system if you get a chance.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will not forget to do that!!!! I first have to see if we are in the ball park with your advice. Hopefully you are but either way I will rate you.Thanks Bruce
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Bruce!

Chris