Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

1999 Dodge Durango gh resistance in the right and left turn…

Customer Question
Good morning 1999 Dodge...

Good morning 1999 Dodge Durango high resistance in the right and left turn signal between the relay and switch what should I do

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Turn signals do not work so I tested the wiring with dmm and found high resistance in the right and left wires

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yup

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Switch fuse and relay are all brand new the old ones were not far out the door

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?

No everything is stock

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/5/2016
Dodge Mechanic: bill, dodge master tech replied 2 years ago
bill
bill, dodge master tech

what wiring diagram have you used?

and what were the wires you tested?

high resistance Is an indication of corrosion and the effected wire must be repaired or replaced, you DID isolate the wires you're testing,correct?

I used the one from just answers.com I hit the connector with electrical spray and when I tested it, the wires were reciving 12v but 4-7 ohms

how did you know it was the correct diagram?

and you didn't answer the other questions I asked, I need COMPLETE info for me to assist

what is your vin so I can get the correct diagram for your truck

1b4hs28yxx654043
I did isolate the wires before testing

which wires did you test the pins and colors please, we both need to be on the same page

that is an invalid vin can you please verify it

have you replaced the combo flasher yet?